Bollinger Band Strategy
Now with the concepts covered, let us create our first Strategy on Tradetron
We will be using one technical indicator (Bollinger bands). You can read about what are bollinger bands here
Our custom list of instruments
The candle size we use in this strategy is of 15 minutes
Set 1 [Long Side]: Buy 100 shares when
- Previous to previous candle is Green
- Previous to previous candle Close higher than upper bollinger band
- Previous to previous candle Open higher than upper bollinger band
- Previous candle is a Green candle
- previou candle Open is higher than upper bollinger band
At any given time, we can grab the previous to previous candle by position -2 and previous candle by position -1.
All the above conditions are connected with each other by a Logical AND as we want all of them to be true before taking a position.
Buy/Long 100 shares when the conditions are true
List of Instruments
When you select your custom list, the position builder automatically picks it up.
Mention the quantity as 100 and click the ADD
The entered position will be exited, when either:
- Previous candle close goes below upper bollinger band
- OR Hit a stop-loss of 10%
- OR Hit a Target profit of 10%
All that is left to do is click Create and click Deploy, Select Paper Trading and you are done
For any queries, please write to us at email@example.com